Important Update re: Covid-19 | Classes Cancelled
To our valued KSG families,
As you have probably heard, the Alberta Government announced this afternoon that all school classes are cancelled. In light of this, we have decided to cancel all gymnastics programs at our facility this week.
We have been working so hard to keep the gym clean and our membership safe and we did not take this decision lightly. We have been in constant consultation with experts and Kyle spoke with several gymnastics clubs in Calgary today – all facilities are in alignment with this action to close for the next week.
Please be advised of the following:
- A credit will automatically be applied to your account for any missed classes this week. No further action is required on your part.
- This was supposed to be report card week and we were excited to share in your successes. We will hold on to all report cards/certificates at our facility for pick up when programming resumes. Please contact us to make other arrangements if you need.
- Birthday parties for the weekend of March 21/22 will be rescheduled or a full credit will be provided. You will be contacted by our office.
- Kids Night Out Camp participants for March 21 will receive an account credit or be transferred to a future camp. You will be contacted by our office.
- We will be paying our staff for their scheduled shifts this week as they deserve.
We want to remind you that according to Alberta Health Services, the risk is in Alberta is still low and gatherings of less than 250 people remain acceptable and safe. https://www.albertahealthservices.ca/topics/Page16997.aspx. Under this guidance we could continue to run our programs safely, but at this point we feel it is important to cancel classes this week in an effort to help curb the spread of COVID-19. It was to be parent viewing week and we typically have lots of siblings and grandparents attend – this did not feel right with the current climate and increased community spread.
As we look to the future, our aim is to run all future programming as planned including Spring Break Camps beginning March 23rd and our Spring Session beginning Monday, March 30th. Things seem to be evolving daily, so these plans may change, but at this point we are keeping a positive outlook and will adapt as necessary. We feel physical activity is critical to both physical and mental health and we want to provide gymnastics programming to our community again as soon as possible.
If you have registered for a future program with us, please know that we will do what is right. If we have to cancel any further classes or programs, we will be in touch with more details. Our customers and staff are so important to us and we value your trust.
We will continue to have our office staff working remotely this week to answer any and all questions. The best method of contact is email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
The health and safety of our participants, families and staff are our top priority. Thank you for your patience and support as we navigate through these unprescendented times. We will be in touch with more details as soon as we have them available.
Kyle Shewfelt Gymnastics