Addressing Concerns re: COVID-19
Dear KSG Families,
Amidst concerns of Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19), we wanted to take a moment to address this issue.
Kyle Shewfelt Gymnastics is monitoring the situation carefully and relying on reputable sources to ensure best practices are followed. According to Alberta Health Services (AHS), the risk in Alberta is considered low and we will continue to operate as usual.
As always, the health and safety of all of our members and staff continues to be a top priority. As we receive updates from Alberta Health Services, the Alberta government, the Canadian government, and the World Health Organization, we will respond and act in accordance with those recommendations.
For the latest detailed information from AHS, please visit:
We have received many calls today and understand our community needs confidence in the actions we are taking to protect them. The following steps are currently being implemented:
- We are focused on being pro-active and positive. We are relying on the expertise and guidance of AHS and will continue to implement an action plan based on their recommendations.
- We have asked all staff to thoroughly wash their hands before and after each class. We also have multiple hand sanitizer stations available throughout the facility.
- We have our team doing extra disinfecting around the gym, particularly high touch areas including door handles, bathrooms, chair backs, table tops, kid’s toys and props. Please help keep our membership and staff healthy by washing your hands or using hand sanitizer before and after your classes. We want to remind you that we have a very high standard of cleanliness and we will continue our efforts to keep our facility best in class.
- If you or your family members have traveled outside of Canada in the past 14 days or have had close contact with a confirmed or probable case of COVID-19 and are now experiencing symptoms, we ask that you refrain from coming to gymnastics class. Please let us know immediately so we can alert authorities and follow their guidance. If you have future travel plans, please refer to Alberta Health Services guidelines upon your return.
- Please call Health Link 811 if you are showing symptoms and feel you may have been exposed to COVID-19.
Thank you for your continued support. As developments unfold both globally and locally regarding COVID-19, we will provide ongoing updates.